UV Resin - How to
UV Resin cures in 2-4 minutes!
UV Resin is different from two part resin as it cures in 2-4mins when exposed to UV Light.
Mixing glitter and resin together;
Curing the UV Resin and glitter using the UV torch.
Two Part Resin
Best for small projects.
Suitable for large & small projects.
Ready to use
Measure/weigh ratios required and mix
To get started
The UV Resin Starter Kit contains the basics you'll need.
25ml of UV Resin - This is in a light proof bottle.
UV Torch - You will use this to cure your resin in 2-4 mins.
Wooden Sticks - These are to get you started, using the wooden sticks you can move your UV Resin around your design.
What can you create?
UV Resin is best suited to smaller projects such as jewellery, keyrings, bag charms, wine glass charms, dog tags, decorations, card embellishments. Because it cures so quickly once exposed to UV Light you have a lot more control of your design.
UV Resin & Wooden shapes
This sunflower brooch has been created by first painting the wooden shapes. Then mixing brown glitter with UV Resin and filling in the hollowed out section. This is then cured under the UV light. I have then added a clear layer over the top of the entire shape to give it a super shiny finish.
UV Resin & Silicone Moulds
Reusable silicone moulds are perfect to use with UV Resin, allowing you to cast shapes over and over again. Although you can use any silicone mould, ideally translucent moulds are best. This is because once cured you can turn the mould over and cure the rear side through the mould ensuring the light reaches all parts of your design.
UV Curing Acrylic Resin
Urethane acrylate, 2-Hydroxyethy methacrylate, 2-Hydroxy-2-methylpropiophenon
Hazard Statement H303 May be harmful if swallowed. H315 Causes skin irritation. H319 Causes serious eye irritation. H317 May cause an allergic skin reaction. Precautionary Statements - Avoid breathing mist/ vapours/ spray. - Wear protective eye protection/ face protection/ gloves. - Call a poison centre/ doctor if you feel unwell. - IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water. - If skin irritation or rash occurs: get medical advice/ attention. - IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. - If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/ attention.